After selling various nests over the years, and getting a LOT of feedback about some of the shortcomings of said nests. We decided to manufacture our own. After some research and development and in the coop testing, we believe that the Duncan's Poultry Nest is one of best out there, and it is the easiest to assemble. Here are the highlights of the these nests:
- Made from galvanneal metal that is thicker and longer lasting, than galvanized tin.
- The hangers are keyhole shaped to make it easier to hang and remove for the occasional cleaning.
- They are vented to keep the birds cooler in the hot summer months.
- The perches are made from upcycled lumber!
- They are a very attractive nest that will last a long long time.
- The Tops are powder coated right here in the midwest, and it is a nice shiny finish.
- 8 Hole Nest would Accommodate 32-40 Hens.
- Dimension are 51.5 inches wide 36 inches tall 12 inches deep or 18 inches deep with the perches fold down.
- Top row of nest box openings are 9x12 bottom row are 12x12
- The interior dimensions of the nest boxes are 11x12x13
Assembly. If you have ever assembled one of the other guys nests, you are going to be in for a pleasant surprise.....there are no nuts, or pop rivets, only phillips head bolts all the same size! Every hole that the bolts go into is threaded. So you don't have to stand on your head to get that tiny little nut on that tiny little bolt, clear back up in the corner. in the box you will find clear instructions with color pictures to help you assemble it quickly with low frustration. Assemble should only take 20 minutes or less if you have a helper ;)
We are an actual business with a retail and online store, so nest parts will be available later on if need be.
We are going to be offering 1 , 2, 4 and 8 hole nest in rollouts as well as standard nests in the very near future.
Thank you for taking a look.
SHIPPING - Is fast and free to the lower 48. ALASKA and HAWAII PLEASE EMAIL FOR SHIPPING QUOTE.
NO PO BOXES PLEASE!