After selling various nests over the years, and getting a LOT of feedback about some of the shortcomings of said nests. We decided to manufacture our own. After some research and development and in the coop testing, we believe that the Duncan's Poultry Nest is one of best out there, and it is the easiest to assemble. Here are the highlights of the these nests:
- Made from galvanneal metal that is thicker and longer lasting, than galvanized tin.
- The hangers are keyhole shaped to make it easier to hang and remove for the occasional cleaning.
- They are vented to keep the birds cooler in the hot summer months.
- The perches are made from upcycled lumber!
- They are a very attractive nest that will last a long long time.
- The Tops are powder coated right here in the midwest, and it is a nice shiny finish.
- 28" wide 22" deep including perches and 36" tall.
Assembly. If you have ever assembled one of the other guys nests, you are going to be in for a pleasant surprise.....there are no nuts, or pop rivets, only phillips head bolts all the same size! Every hole that the bolts go into is threaded. So you don't have to stand on your head to get that tiny little nut on that tiny little bolt, clear back up in the corner. in the box you will find clear instructions with color pictures to help you assemble it quickly with low frustration. Assemble should only take 15 minutes or less if you have a helper ;)
We are an actual business with a retail and online store, so nest parts will be available later on if need be.